Thursday, January 26, 2012

Question about Maine.?

I'm 21, live in New Jersey and I work for the post office. Little by little I'm hating Jersey, its getting expensive, too crowded, too much everything, and its too hot for October weather. Anyway I'm considering moving to Maine sometime in the future with my girlfriend (she's a hair stylist). I'm considering Maine for its location and possible colder weather which Iike. But I'm wondering how working for the P.O. there is, and how expenses are etc, because I plan on moving my life from NJ to Maine and would like to learn more. Thanks!Question about Maine.?
Lived in Maine all my life and I can tell you that when the tourists come in, the prices skyrocket. However, in general, from looking at the news and the internet, I think our prices are pretty much even with the rest of New England and I suspect New Jersey's as well. Just be warned! Our taxes are horrendous, as are the house prices and rent averages about $1000 per month for a 1 bedroom. Jobs are hard to come by, but transferring within the USPS will give you an edge. For your girlfriend, I constantly see help wanted ads for hairstylists. I have no idea what the pay is like though.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment