Monday, January 30, 2012

Why does the same water temp. feel cold in one climate and warm in another?

I have a friend that lives in Maine, and when he swims in his pool with the water at 70 degrees and the weather outside is 80, he doesn't get cold. However, when he's visiting me in AZ, and swims in my pool at the same temperatures (70 deg. water, 80 deg. air), he feels cold and wants to get out. What is the scientific explanation for this boggling phenomenon?Why does the same water temp. feel cold in one climate and warm in another?
I live in Maine and what you've described doesn't make the least bit of rational sense. If anything, it might possibly be the other way around, though even that still doesn't make a lot of sense. My apartment just reached 80 degrees here and I turned on the A/C because it was so hot.



Either his body thermostat is way out of whack-which I doubt-or else he's just pulling your leg.

I think it's just a stunt he uses to get attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment