Monday, January 30, 2012

What area is referred to as the "I-95 corridor"?

I-95 stretches from Florida to Maine. I always hear about the "I-95 corridor" in reference to severe weather, but it must mean something more specific than "the entire eastern seaboard of the US". To which states does this label refer to?



Thanks.What area is referred to as the "I-95 corridor"?
"The I-95 Corridor" actually does, technically, refer to the entire length of Interstate 95 and its environs. It's used locally to refer to relevant sections, so someone in Maine is probably not going to be talking about Florida when they say "the I-95 corridor" and vice versa. If you are hearing it on the Weather Channel or something else national, it usually refers to the Mid-Atlantic portion of the coast, possibly because the chunk from northern Virginia through New Jersey is filled with people unaccustomed to severe weather, as well as subject to a proportionally large amount of congestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment