Monday, January 23, 2012

How is Life in Maine.?

I'm thinking about moving to Maine after college. I'm looking mainly in the Bangor area, but answers about any location is helpful. Only serious Adult Answers PLEASE!! How is life there? Is it easy to find employment? I have bad allergies, How do ppl with Allergies seem to fair? What is the cost of living ratio? I've read statistics on the weather, but how is it from your point of view? Do you have bad hummidity? I currently live in Indiana and ours is killer. What are some of the Advantages and Disadvantages. Any other useful information is GREATLY Appreciated.How is Life in Maine.?
Life in Maine will depend on what you are used to. If you are looking in the Bangor area, you will not find a whole lot of urban creature comforts. Bangor is a really small city. BUT, and this is a big but, the country is beautiful, and in places not too far away from Bangor, spectacular. Moosehead Lake, an hour away is amazing.



As for employment, that is tough to say. I graduated college with a business degree, and there wasn't much for me there, and I looked in Portland, the largest city in Maine. But there are opportunities there if you look hard. The cost of housing is CHEEP compared to larger cities, but wages are similarly lower than larger cities.



The weather in the summer can get hot, but it wont be too hot or too humid too often, (over 90 degrees only a couple days a year) its bearable, but the winters are cold COLD (below zero is common).



One warning, People can be stand-offish at first, but I promise they will warm up.



As for allergies, that one is hard for me to say, my allergies kicked in after I moved out of Maine.



I hope that this is helpful, and I wish you the best of luck in whatever you do!!
  • word twist
  • spongebob games online
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment