Monday, January 30, 2012

Thinking of visiting Portland, Maine.?

My daughter and I would like to visit the east coast. (We are from Seattle). We found a cheap fare to Portland Maine. Can anyone tell me what the city is like (is Portland and South Portland totally separate). What is the weather like, (in Sept. or October) What is there to do, etc. Would appreciate hearing from locals.Thinking of visiting Portland, Maine.?
Welcome to the East Coast!!!

Unfort. I'm not in Maine....however I have tons of family that live there... I'm in CT not too far! :)



Portland, Maine is a lovely small city. Lots of shopping and restaurants. From my understanding South Portland is the just the South part of the city of Portland. That's all. There's a big mall there and it's the major hub for most people in Southern Maine to go shopping etc



Other great places are FREEPORT and KITTERY great shopping and great sites! :)



If you want go about 1 hour north to Kennebunk, ME

It's the home of the G. W. Bush summer compound.

It's a great small town, Dock SQ and Federal Jack's restaurant. I love the town, I have family there!



AMAZING COASTLINE



About 3 - 4 hours north up the coastline is Boothbay Harbor, ME....another quaint town! AMAZING! My Aunt used to own a hotel there until last year when her husband passed and they sold it. However Tug Boat, Fisherman's Wharf, Brown Brother's and Spruce Point Inn are all very nice! :)



Bar Harbor is just north as well



IN Sept, Oct you will def. need at least a light sweater, bring a sweatshirt and windbreaker. Esp. if your walking on the ocean. Long Pants is a must, but bring some shorts too. The temp should be around anywhere from 40 - 60. Chiller nights! Doubtful that you'll be swimming in the ocean!



Please email me with any ?'s you might have I can try to find more info for you. Have a safe flight and a wonderful trip!

j.rehm@jillrehm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment