Monday, January 23, 2012

Is Portland, Maine a good place to live?

I live in Georgia. I hate hot weather and I enjoy snow (but we RARELY get that here) and the fall. I want to move somewhere north. Preferably by the sea. And I don't like big cities but more medium sized with a historical feel. And I was wondering if someone who's lived in Portland or visited it will give me some advice about the city.Is Portland, Maine a good place to live?
i live in portland..yes its a great place to live and unfortunately it's not a secret anymore either--lots of people moved here from somewhere else in the last 10 years (jacked the prices up)...portland is very lively for a small city (only 70,000) and in the summer months that number practically doubles due to summer tourists...it definitely has a lot of history (lighthouses, military forts, historic waterfronts, etc) and it is right on the ocean
I don't live in Portland, but I do live in Maine. Maine is really cold in the winter (year round, actually) and it snows a ton in the winter. If you don't mind that, you might like Maine. Personally, I don't like it because of the weather. I'm planning to move elsewhere once I graduate from college.

Report Abuse

Is Portland, Maine a good place to live?
Yes its a beautiful place to live, the cities around it (yarmouth, CAPE ELIZABETH, falmouth) are also great. I must also say to look into boston ma, its got the historical feel and is not as large as nyc. :)
Yeah I love Maine I go there in the Summer and it seems like a great place to live! I want to move there when I'm older!Is Portland, Maine a good place to live?
p-town oregon is the bomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment