Monday, January 30, 2012

If i purchase a wrangler with a soft top will it withstand snowfall?

now my choices for a wrangler are mostly soft tops in my price range. i live in maine where we have snow and alot sometime, we have no garage and so it will have to live in the weather. will the fabric in the softop withstand the weight of the snow or should i hold out for a hard top?If i purchase a wrangler with a soft top will it withstand snowfall?
A soft top will handle the snow.I have a jeep and we had 22 inches of snow a few years ago and it held up very well.
If the top is in good condition, it should hold up. The life of a soft top can be very short, though. If it were me, I'd get the hard top. You can take it off in the summer and get a Bikini top for it.If i purchase a wrangler with a soft top will it withstand snowfall?
Yes,I have had a foot of snow on mine with no problem.If your still worried about it you can buy a Top Prop from Quadratec.com.
I had up to 2 feet of heavy snow on my soft top during various storms this past winter, with no issues. I've seen soft-top Jeeps buried under a lot more snow than that, without any damage to the soft tops. So I believe the construction of the soft top is more than adequate to withstand snow loading.



If you are buying it new, the warranty will cover any damage that might occur. But again, I don't expect any damage due to snow.



One thing to be careful of is the plastic windows. Do not try to scrape them if they are icy, or they will become scratched. I simply use the side mirrors during snowy weather.



Also, do not try to roll the plastic windows up or down in severely cold weather, or the plastic can crack. Best thing is to make sure the top is up before bad weather comes in, and just leave the top alone for the winter months.



Congrats on your decision to buy a Jeep. They are great-fun vehicles!If i purchase a wrangler with a soft top will it withstand snowfall?
Soft tops are a lot stronger than they look.
well if i were you i would definately hold out for the hard top, soft tops can withstand somewhat of a snowfall but not too much remember it is just canvas. you could get the soft top and go to a junk yard and just get a hard top. you can take off the soft top and replace it with a hard top if you want. good luck. :)
Take the top off and pull the drain plugs.
i would get the hard top if u say it snows alot. the soft top will hold it but not very much before it stretches and all that stuff. the hard top is alot better for the cold to because they have defrosters also
yes it can.It can take alot,You can allways pick-up a hard top.I have had both.The hard top get's to be a ***** when it startes to rain and you can't get it back on before you get wet.If you get a hard top you might never take the top off.
I've had both. I lived in Chicago and Indiana. Lots of snow there. I prefered the soft top. Way more fun! The hard top is a pain in the butt to remove and can't be done with just one person unless it's in the garage with a hoist, but even then there'll be some wrenching to be done. With the soft top you take it with you wherever you go. I also think that the soft top looks more "Jeepy". No problem with warmth in the softy. Jeep heaters kick butt! The only down side to the soft top is road noise. But for me, it never really was a problem.....just part of the charm of Jeep ownership. Good Luck, have fun! Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment