Monday, January 30, 2012

Anyone living in Maine? Please respond!?

My family and I are seriously considering moving to Maine in the next year. We need to make a fresh start and I have always loved Maine. We are thinking the Bangor or Belfast area, but are unsure. Could you please tell me about the area you live in, the weather, and how you like it there? I am a nurse, so I am looking for work in a hospital and such. Thanks for your help!Anyone living in Maine? Please respond!?
Maine is beautiful if you like the 4 seasons. Fall is very beautiful but winter can be long and cold. The Bangor area is very nice, I would consider moving to a smaller town near Bangor due to taxes and Housing costs. Belfast is near the coast which makes it a tourist destination in the summer and you will have to deal with cold breezes off the ocean in the winter. It is also very expensive. We are living near Skowhegan, used to live near Bangor, too. Hospitals to consider would be Eastern Maine Medical Center which is always looking for nurses but there are more hospitals in the area, such as Waterville. Good luck.
I live in Rockland, and its a great place to live, and constantly growing. Its beautiful here, and couldnt really imagine living anywhere else.

Report Abuse

Anyone living in Maine? Please respond!?
No, only dead people in Maine...Next!
bangor has bigggg hospital. belfast on coast? expensive?

maine is mainly maine= we like global warming, winters suckkkk. but its worth it=godssssssss country.

NE of bangor u can get good housing deals in the country=30 miles.

visit my blog page,leave me a message, if u can.

sorry i dont know u %26amp; dont want to give personal info.

i live in central maine.

good luck.Anyone living in Maine? Please respond!?
I grew up in Maine and currently live in NH but still own property there so visit regularly. Maine is a good state to move to, slower paced than most with both mountains and ocean. If things are the same the pay scale is lower but the cost of living is also lower. I grew up in the Bath area and enjoy all Maine has to offer.The Bath area has Popham Beach, Bowdoin College (Brunswick), the Bath Ship Yard, Marine Museum and is just a nice city. Portland is about 35 miles away and has more shopping and an active water front now. There are hospitals in Brunswick and Portland. Good luck on your move.

No comments:

Post a Comment