Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Will my 2 cats and my new Shitzu ever mesh?

I have two male cats, both are a little on the 'crazy' side as I like to say. They have Maine Coon in them..... They are outside for a good part of the day when the weather is nice but usually are inside for their naps and to eat.



My brother took in a Shitzu from a family friend who passed away about 2 months ago. He was moving and couldn't bring her so I took her on Monday of this week. She just turned a year so she is still learning to behave, especially with all of the moving around but she is a good dog overall.



My cats have never seen dogs and I don't think my dog has ever seen cats. My cats are terrified of the dog because she chases them everytime she sees them. I don't think she even knows how to be mean though, she just wants to play. I feel awful though because the cats have barely been inside for the whole week, this was their home first. I'm hoping they will eventually come to terms with the new living conditions, any tips to make the transition go a smoother?Will my 2 cats and my new Shitzu ever mesh?
http://www.metroanimal.org/adoption/dog_鈥?/a>



Here's some good tips (see url above). I added a cat to a Shih Tzu I had already. It took a few weeks as the cat was afraid of the dog. You have to be very careful that the cat doesn't claw the dog's eyes. The dog will quickly learn, "cats rule".

No comments:

Post a Comment