Saturday, February 18, 2012

Can you help me incorporate these words into a paper?

Directions: Create a piece of writing that contains all of the misused words below and use them correctly! This writing piece could be a paragraph, a story, or a paper. Within your writing piece, make sure every one of the 66 misused words is underlined.





Accept

Except

Advice

Advise

Bear

Bare

Buy

By

Bi

All Ready

Already

Affect

Effect

Choose

Chose

Compliment

Complement

Dependent

Dependant

Emigrate

Immigrate

Further

Farther

Gait

Gate

Heard

Herd

It鈥檚

Its

Loose

Lose

Main

Mane

Maine

Minor

Miner

Past

Passed

Principle

Principal

Role

Roll

Read

Reed

Red

See

Sea

Sight

Site

Cite

Stationary

Stationery

Then

Than

Their

There

They鈥檙e

Threw

Through

Too

To

Two

Weather

Whether

Your

You鈥檙e



*Have any ideas? Thanks!Can you help me incorporate these words into a paper?
Hello, you could start with the idea of a teacher telling the class what to do. Like: OK everyone, all ready? I'm going to talk to you today about two words you all keep misusing. I know we have done some work on this already but did you take my advice? I advise you to buy a dictionary, whether you want to or not, and use it when you're not sure of the spelling!



OK that's about 8 of the words... I can't underline them here! to/two/all ready/already/ buy/advice/advise/ whether/you're



Some of the words will be harder to put into the context of the classroom so you can put them in as asides to naughty students eg "Jones! You threw something at Lorna and it went past her head and through the window. If I see that again, your head will roll, my boy." (That is see, threw, through, roll, past, and your).



Compliment somebody on their loose hair, looks like a lion's mane, lose your pen, stationery cupboard, PE next in spite of the weather, send you to the principal, can see your mother at the gate, I heard that! You're like a herd of elephants -- it will be easy to put them in once you get going. Good luck!



By the way here's a way to remember stationery/stationary: a pEn is stationEry, a cAr is stationAryCan you help me incorporate these words into a paper?
I accept Your challenge of a role to write a paper without stationery. See there is something already brewing inside my head to further this role. A role of a writer that can have an effect on Others regaurdless of my poor grammer.Whether one decides that they're able to understand by sight of words displayed or not just depends.Too often I like to read about the Weather and the Sea.

Two things that greatly affect many Peoples lives. Though I'm stationary sitting at this computer I will cite as many words as it takes to make use of the list of words given. I like to read what advise already has been given to Others on this website.Through reading about Others questions I can see who threw out things to stimulate my brain. It's a compliment to Choose or be chosen as one who can help Others to stimulate their brain as well. I advise You not to take this paper too seriously because I'm not trying very hard to be serious.Bear with Me as I try. I am dependant on the computer for answers just as much as many who like reading things online.Buying a computer was a wise choice for Our Family. I could cite many reasons for this. There is the fact that my Husband makes a living at the computer. Past and present are times that have included this fact. The bare facts are good to look at sometimes.

We have a friend who has the name Oso which means Bear in Spanish. He is not an immigrant but can speak Spanish none the less.I am glad I don't live in Maine because it is too cold there to live.I prefer living in Texas because the

No comments:

Post a Comment