Sunday, February 12, 2012

My S&S Chopper Lost Power Electrical Issues, Help !?

I have a 2005 PCW Detroit Chopper with a 96" S%26amp;S.I live in maine and it was going tobe 40 today which is riding weather for me. I have been riding already this year and other than jumping the battery a few times when it was real cold the bike ran great. However today when I went to start it a wire hooked to my battery started smoking, and the bike cranked but would not start almost like it was getting no fuel. I looked at the wire the best I could and saw it was loose where it hooked to the battery terminal. I have no idea what this wire goes to it just disappears into the frame.After I tightened it the bike started up with a boost. I let the bike run for about 10 minutes and went to adjust the choke and it stalled, I went to start it back over and the battery was dead. I than grabbed the booster and hooked it to the battery and when I did this, the negative terminal was sparking when I clamped the cable, at that moment the headlights went out, and now I have no power. I know nothing about this bike or Harley's so please be gentle? This is my fist one, I have always had sport bikes. I can guess I need a new battery for sure now, since it wouldn't turn back over even after I had the bike running, as for the negative kick back, burning wire, and now no power I have no idea? Does this bike have fuses, is that common for Harley's, chopper etc? Any idea as to where it would be located? Any idea as to why it blew if that's the case? Any help Thanks !My S%26amp;S Chopper Lost Power Electrical Issues, Help !?
Find the fuse block you blew the main fuse.Sometimes you can follow the red cable down to the solenoid and the master fuse may be right under that.Never Jump a bike with a running car,it may cause severe damage to the electrical parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment