Saturday, February 18, 2012

Similarities between Washington State in New England?

I live in New Hampshire in the Boston metro area, and I travel to Seattle once in a while for work. I find it interesting how, even though two locations are separated by the entire North American continent, they seem to be remarkably similar.



The similarities I find are in:



Weather: I have temperature readings on my desktop - 80% of the time they are identical for Portsmouth, NH and Seattle!!!



Commerce: Both Washington and New England seem to have a large portion of the nation's e-business, financial institutions, and especially - New England and Washington have the most outdoor and sports companies. NE: New Balance, L.L. Bean, Life is Good, EMS; WA: REI, Cascade Designs, etc.



Nature: of course WA has way more evergreen giants, however, New England area is fairly evergreen as well! (Maine - "The Pine State", Vermont - "Green Mountain State")



Geography: Both places are coastal, cold-water, rugged coast line, mountainous terrain on the land.





I am interested to hear what you think about these comparisons. Do WA and NE really seem very much alike? What other similarities do you think of? What major differences can you think of?Similarities between Washington State in New England?
Washington state has a desert in the southeast corner

By Richland, Kennewick and Pasco

I lived in both New England and Washington state

I live in this part of washington state

The year I lived there, it never got below 40

It average 7 to 8 inches of precipitation(rain and snow) a year

It has sand storms

I do not know any part of New England, even Connecticut and Rhoda Island that has a desert in it



New England people seem more open minded

People for the east are different than people west

People from the west had the pioneer spirit that people from the east does not have

People from the east have more a history of where they came from (Europe)

No comments:

Post a Comment