Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Does anyone else hate living in Ohio, or is it just me?

I just need to rant about this, and I also wanted ask if anyone else hates Ohio as much as I do, because in my group of friends, they all seem to love it. In my opinion, Ohio is probably one of the worst states. Granite, I've never been to all 50 states, but I can almost guarantee it'd be in the top 5 worst. I'm only a teenager, but I'd do anything to get out of here. If you don't believe me on how awful it is, here are the negatives:

#1) The weather is crazy. In June, one day it will be 70 something degrees and sunny, while the next day it will be 30 something degrees and practically snowing, no exageration. It's ridiculously erratic, and you can't really plan outdoor activities because you'll have no idea what the weather will be like the next day.

#2) There's nothing to do in Ohio, except go to Cedar Point. There's not even any tourist attractions to visit, other than the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. So, if you're planning on visiting Ohio, you can go to Cedar Point and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Woo.

#3) There are no beaches, and the ones we have are all man made. The sand isn't even real, it's like dirt. Seriously.

#4) The whole state of Ohio is either farm or really trashy cities. Have you seen Cleveland? Not too mention the people are either hicks or snobs.

#5) There are no opportunities in Ohio. Our education system and economy is going down in my state, and it's going to make it so hard for my generation to find work. Especially if you're an aspiring musician, model, or actor.

#6) We have none of the good restaurants. It seems like all of the really good restaurant chains just hate Ohio, because when they come from the west coast over, they just seem to skip it and head on up through Pensylvania to Maine.

#7) It's verrrrrrryy trashy. It may be one of they only states where there's tattoo parlors in gas stations.

#8) If you're driving through Ohio, you're most likely to see only cornfields and road.

The positives:

#1) There's a lot of punk/emo people here. I DO like that.

#2) It's actually a very accepting state, despite it's conservative, redneck reputation.

So...really, does anyone hate Ohio as much as I do?Does anyone else hate living in Ohio, or is it just me?
I live in a little speed bump of a town called Yorkville in north-west Illinois. We have a target where you can pretty much find the entire population in the #7 checkout line. We will be the proud recipients of a new dump from the always gracious *cough* bullsh*t*cough* people of Chicago. Our leaders here are so corrupt that we have set up a pool to see how long the current governor will last before stepping down. The school system rivals that of a farming community in southern Mexico.



The only good thing about living here is that we have the largest water park in Illinois. (note, the Dells are up in Wisconsin so the only competition for largest water park in Illinois is a pool that has 2 slides and a hot tub..)

Don't worry, there are people who have it worse then you, lol. At least you get to have Cedar Point and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. We have a wave pool with a couple of slides for about 40$ a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment