Saturday, February 18, 2012

What would be a good dog for me to get?

-I live with my boyfriend in a condo/apartment on the bottom floor.

-I am expecting in September, so it should be kid friendly.

-I am not dropped out of school yet, but I will have to when I have my child, so I will be home all day with the baby to take care of it.

-Me and my boyfriend would walk it in the park, but we have no yard, except a little bit of an area in the back of our house that everyone shares. It is fenced in.

-I have a Maine Coon cat and a Chihuahua already.

-This will be a family pet.

-I'd prefer a small or medium sized dog, none of those huge ones.

-I have friends over a lot, so it would have to not bark of jump, and it would have to be stranger friendly.

-I sort of have time to groom, but can't be devoted 24/7 so it would have to have low or medium grooming levels, not a high one.

-It would have to tolerate both hot and cold weather.

-I'd like one that doesn't tear things up or bite or anything.



Any suggestions or other things I could mention? Just let me know!



Sincerely,

ChelseaWhat would be a good dog for me to get?
I'd recommend waiting a bit too,, unless you're getting a nanny.
if you have a main coone cat you already have a medium sized dog.What would be a good dog for me to get?
You will be lucky to find a dog that is as perfect as you would really like to have. I have been in schnauzer rescue for 30 years and greyhuond rescue for 10. The best place to find a dog is on Petfinder.com They have every breed imaginable, and many of them have been in foster homes so the foster parents will know the dogs well. Check it out!
I don't think you're ready for another dog IMO.



You'll have your hands full with a new baby, you already have 2 pets, can't spend a lot of time exercising or grooming a dog.



You're asking for a perfect dog, and there is no such thing.



Best to wait until your baby is a bit older, and you're not so overwhelmed with responsibilities.What would be a good dog for me to get?
Hi Chelsea. A nice family pet would be a pug. Purebreads from breeders are about $800. Black ones are very cute and cuddly. Grey ones are kinda blah looking black ones have silky nice coats. With Pugs you only have to wash them once a month. No more! They have breathing problems so you have to wash their snouts once a week. And than because of their breathing problems they get very hot. In the summer when I was living with my parents I had a pug and I washed it in the kiddie pool I bought. He swam in it like twice a week. They can play tricks, bark softly, VERY friendly, they get fat but they are small, playful, harmless, they sleep a ton, and they are just well behaved. They lived up to 12 years. They usually pass around 8-9 years old. They are wonderful pets for family. your baby would get used to the pug and learn to love it. Good luck with the baby!



Sincerely,

Sarah-Ann
Animals Shelters are the BEST PLACE

Make sure you choose a breed suited to your lifestyle, don't make your choose on the cute factor, fluffy factor, breed alone or colour.don鈥檛 buy from a petstore.



NEVER BUY FROM A PETSTORE-these apply to cats too

http://www.psychopup.com/tb/dontbuy.html





http://www.samsmiles.org/petstore.html



Reason Pets are Surrended

http://www.petrescue.com/library/relinqu鈥?/a>



Don 't knock the adults.There not someone elses problem

http://www.chathamanimalrescue.org/adopt鈥?/a>

http://www.petorphans.com/used.html



www.dogbreedinfo.com

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/purebred.htm

http://www.srdogs.com/Pages/adopt.html



http://www.purina.co.uk/Home/All+About+C鈥?/a>
i would wait a while until after the baby is born, you already have a dog and a cat though so i would recommend waiting until the baby is a little older to get another dog
pug puppy.

great dogs. small/economic. cute...i guess, depending on taste...sometimes acquired. friendly. sometimes jealous? depends if your baby arrives after the dog. I'm sure its the same for most other dogs, though.



dont feed it too much. they'll get rle fat!







and CONGRATULATIONS!!
umm a beagle!!
Pembroke welsh corgi. They are known for their good nature with other animals, dogs, cats, anything. I have a 5 month old Pembroke, and she is great with our 6 kids, golden retriever, and Siamese cat. we don't have much of a yard, either. Just google the breed, and you will find all kinds of info on it.



Good luck!





-Also pembrokes are not jumpy, snappy dogs. They are fun and playful when you want them to be, and calm and relaxed when you don't.
NOTHING. You're expecting. Focus on your baby. Nothing like the stress of a newborn and also a new puppy in the house. It'd be like having twins.

If you have a cat and a chihuahua already then why do you need anything else? Give the baby a break man.
I would recommend a young adult or adult dog rather than a puppy since you'll have a lot to handle. Why not visit your local shelter?
If you're expecting, I would wait. Puppy + Newborn might be more than you can handle, unless you're looking for an older dog.



Most smaller breeds are apartment friendly. I would research some smaller breeds, and then look into a rescue, or breeder adoption. A lot of breeders will adopt out their older, fixed dogs. Already trained and way out of puppyhood.
As many have suggested, I would wait to get any dog until after the baby comes and you aren't overly stressed out.



Regardless of what type of dog you get, it is up to YOU to ensure that his behavior is what you require. No dog just comes with a particular set of manners, except perhaps an adult dog that is already trained and well-mannered that you adopt from a rescue or shelter (having said that, I don't know if it would be an easy find, otherwise why would they be in a shelter/rescue in the first place?). You must train them and be consistent. Even with this, the dog may never be exactly what you envision. Please take your time. Dogs are not disposable, they are living beings. It would be very unethical to get a dog, not be happy with it and then surrender it to a shelter or rescue...you would just be contributing to the homeless animal population and that is wrong.



Congrats on the baby and please, think this decision through carefully and be responsible if you do get another dog.
does it have to be pure bred? go to the shelter and see what they have that meets your profile
Well, based on your criteria, definately don't get a puppy. One who doesn't tear things up and bite? That IS a puppy!



Either get an adult dog or wait until your child is born and older. A new dog and a baby is a lot of work.
  • resident evil 5 cheats
  • baby boy names 2011
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment