Sunday, February 12, 2012

Did my cat eat something poisonous? She's acting very weird.?

My cat ran outside, we don't let her out, anymore. Anyways, I went to look for her, but she stayed underneath my deck. We have mice under there, I think. Not sure, though. Anyhow, I couldn't find her for around ten minutes, so I stopped for five, and went to look again. I called her and she ran to me, panting very hard. I presume that the panting was because of the hot weather? She was shaking all over. I got her inside and she kept on dipping her paws into her water bowl, and she panted more and more. Then she calmed down a bit, and came into my room, and she acting VERY weird. She was walking backwards, and she was making very weird sounds. She is a Maine Coon, and people say they make weird sounds but..? She sounded like she was crying. And then she barfed out some grass and a whole bunch of hair, and when I got to her, I guess you could say that she had 'tears' on her face. Also, there was a dead mouse outside, but I don't know if she touched it. Is this serious?Did my cat eat something poisonous? She's acting very weird.?
Take the cat to a veterinarian immediately.
I've had a cat for 28 years so I might be able to help... Cats sometimes make funny sounds if coughing up grass and furballs. They also get real hyper after they've been hunting! My cat did some weird jumps in the air cause it had fleas last week. Not sure about the dipping the paws and walking backwards though. That made me laugh out loud. Belongs in a film like the exorcist!Did my cat eat something poisonous? She's acting very weird.?
TAKE HER TO THE VET IMMEDIATELY! If it's after-hours, take her to the emergency vet! You don't wanna mess around with this! You don't know what she came into contact with, so please take her in NOW!!!!!
.your cat was dehydrated that's seriously .jacked up a hairball give her a lot of water and if that not help in 10 min get her to a veterinarian he will give her iv fluid / vitamins and a hr later you can take her home at the most times. its OK if cats catches mice mine bring me 3 mice every day sometimes 4 that's ok my cats are healthy and they do this mousing for 10 years now , they indoor /outdoor catsDid my cat eat something poisonous? She's acting very weird.?
TAKE HER RIGHT NOW

WHEN CATS EAT GRASS IT MEANS THAT THEY WERE SICK TO BEGIN WITH

AND FOR THEM TO THROW UP THE GRASS IS EVEN WORSE

SOMETHING IS WRONG

GO NOW FLEEEE!!!

good luck and best of wishes

kathy
Take your cat to the vet ASAP!
Probably has rabies.
YES! you need to take her to the vet ASAPnot just ask people online!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wouldn't risk your cat's life by wondering or waiting for some (not vet) person to answer you on a yahoo forum. If you love her, take her to a vet immediately. There are emergency vets in almost every city/town. Make sure to give her plenty of water in the meantime. Good luck!
Cats walk backward when they're trying to get away from something and can't. Like something in her throat! Do what you know is right, get up from your computer, and take her to the vet now.

No comments:

Post a Comment