Sunday, February 12, 2012

Need all the Denver/Colorado Info possible, anything is appreciated...?

Ok, lemme try and sum this up in under 1000 letters...



I'm a young college guy living in Maine, lived here all my life, and I need a change.



I've been doing research on where all my most important needs will be met most, and I've almost decided on the Denver area. Let me give the very main things I'm looking for where I move to, and if anyone who knows the area, please gimme your 2 cents - I need it...



- Better weather. I have SAD, so more sunlight, longer days, and better, milder, more consistant year round weather is a biggie. I don't mind rain or fog or extreme weather and I love thunderstorms, but I basically want more sun and longer days, and a bit less snow/bitter cold like in Maine.



- I'm bored and lonely, and want good night life and plenty of things to do so I'm not... bored or lonely. I want to meet new, diverse people and make new friends, and have plenty of opps to meet nice women and cool people who are intellectual and genuinely kind. (Con. below, damn limit)Need all the Denver/Colorado Info possible, anything is appreciated...?
Pros - This is a great place for someone with SAD. Even in the Winter, there is much bright sunshine. Outdoor recreation opportunities are fantastic. Great cultural stuff at all levels - symphonic orchestras (plural) to free festivals.



Cons -- It's a big crowded city, bad traffic. Lots of people want to live here, so it's expensive and jobs can be hard to find, depending on the line of work you're in. Winter weather can be pretty tough, although not for long periods of time.



In between - People are the usual mixed bag, not better, not worse.
Have you checked out City Data?



I hope this helps!Need all the Denver/Colorado Info possible, anything is appreciated...?
hey i'm from portland, maine and sick of it too!!! i almost moved to denver before i came here 10 momths ago and know alot of info based on my research and travel there:

i think you might like the neighborhood of denver called the highlands--the closer you get to 32nd and lowel ave the more happening it is(bars/shops/cafes/) and it is very close to downtown area(you may even be able to walk there)-- if you want to live right in the city, LoDo is where all the bars, nightclubs are, washington park area is pretty cool too with lots of young people--the great thing about denver is you get way more for your money than you do in portland--denver is a buyers/renters market--search on craigslist and type in key words like highlands, LoDo, or washington park---you can even rent a whole house in denver for close to what a shithole here in maine goes for---you definitely want to take a couple days to fly out there and drive around aimlessly looking at neighboirhoods--alot of people just put up for rent signs and never adverttise, those were some of the nicest that i found---one last note, colorad0(not so sure about denver) has a high guy to girl ratio--i hear stories from friends about being in bars where there about 50 guys and 5 girls-its all the outdoor adrenaline junkie thing..but dont let that deter you
I will just give some info in a nut shell to you. I am originaly from LA and have also lived in NYC, Chicago, Seattle, and Miami. Denver is by far my favorite city out of all of them. It has everything to offer from night life to diversity from cleanliness to safeness. I am a young college grad and I am very happy that I got to spend my college years here. The frit or second guy above has the right info. We get over 300 days of sunshine and that is with or without snow. We can have 5 feet of snow on the ground (not very likely) but it will be sunny out. The cons are right also. traffic here is not as bad as California but very comparable to the east coast. The interstates have been getting widened for years and we still need more lanes so hopfuly you can work close to where you live. Housing is a buyers market everywhere including here however you are going to pay more then you would in other cities. I now have a 2 bed/2 bath and am paying $2100 a month and living costs are higher. People here are very intellectual....at least....most are. Denver was named the smartest city in the u.s. and the healthiest so that should say something. Also, I wouldnt say that there are more guys here then girls. I dont see that at all but I could be wrong. Hope that helped a littleNeed all the Denver/Colorado Info possible, anything is appreciated...?
http://www.townofcastlerock.org

No comments:

Post a Comment