Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I just can't bring myself to go to my inlaws?

Oh my family and my husbands family are life night and day.

My parents are fun..outgoing...we love going to family parties..cause there is always plenty of dancing, singing, fun times.

My inlaws...going to an xmas function there involves sitting around the table with religious music playing in the background, eating sandwiches, talking about work and weather.



Thing is my husband gets on great with my parents and family...they are very open minded sooo they hit it off from the beginning and we travel to scotland every xmas to be with them.



my husbands parents are very religious and close minded...infact the saddest part of all this for me is that they don't even know their son. God forbid we ever mentioned drinking..a night out etc etc.



Anyways i'm worried...because every year for big occasions we go to scotland...we travel to see his family for a weekend every once in awhile...they live in maine.

thing is i hate that we don't have a relationship with them...because we plan to have kids soon.......but its hard when they won't except who we are....and just don't seem to want to talk about anything other than weather..work...and church.



ooohhhhh what to do.I just can't bring myself to go to my inlaws?
Enjoy your family, and endure his. They are his parents regardless of what you wish or hope, and they always will be...no changing that!I just can't bring myself to go to my inlaws?
There's not much you can do. It's their way of life and it won't change. Just go along with the flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment