Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Which car should I get?

I'm getting a used car in a few days here and i've narrowed my search down to 2 cars, I just can't decide which one I want to go with. The first car is a 2002 Mazda Protege 5 with 100,000 miles on it and the second is Used 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited Edition with 76,000 miles on it. Both are in great condition and I really like the looks of both cars. I live in Maine so I want to make sure the car I choose can handle the weather. Any feedback would be more than welcomed, thanks.Which car should I get?
The 2010 Auto Reliability Grade Point Average for Mazda Motor Corporation is 2.28 (on the usual scale of 0.00 to 4.00), but the 2010 Auto Reliability GPA for the Chrysler Group is 1.02 (a D, in letter grade). For comparison, here are some additional 2010 Reliability GPAs:



Honda Motor Company: 3.55

Toyota Motor Corporation: 3.48

Nissan Motor Company: 2.39

Ford Motor Company: 2.15

General Motors: 1.41.



With regard to durability, a typical Chrysler vehicle at an age of 3 years is estimated to be about as troublesome as a typical Toyota vehicle at an age of 17 years, while a typical Mazda vehicle at an age of 3 years is estimated to be about as troublesome as a typical Toyota vehicle at an age of 9 years.



In summary, the 2003 PT Cruiser may prove to be very expensive to maintain, and of the two, the 2002 Mazda would seem much preferable. However, for low maintenance costs, a made-in-Japan Toyota vehicle or a made-in-North America or made-in-Japan Honda vehicle is likely best.

No comments:

Post a Comment