Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Any Mini-Pin or Xolo dog owners out there?

My hubby %26amp; I have been talking about getting a dog....two breeds have piqued our interest...mini pinchers and coated xolos (toy size).



Both breeds sound wonderful for our living situation-a nice size 2 bedroom detached cottage style condo with a large %26amp; secure back deck %26amp; huge common grounds, well maintained. Pet restriction is size (no more than 40 pounds) and all pets, even cats must be leashed when outside and in control of the owner (no problem there)



We have two cats that are dog friendly, infact the maine coon mix male loves to mother anything, and the other cat runs %26amp; romps like a puppy and he's 4 years old. Both the hubby %26amp; I enjoy walks, canine company would be enoyed, and I am home all the time since I've retired so poochy will not be alone......we have a great vet already.

We live in middle Tennessee where the summers can be hot (we've got 'air' and as far as cold weather when we do get it, I've crocheted doggy coats so he will be warmly and fashionably dressed...I'm even game for a puppy pan lined with newspapers in case the weather is too bad for him to go out side to do his business..I can guarentee he'll get alot of love %26amp; attention.



We have no young children so that isn't an issue..just the hubby %26amp; me...no grandchildren yet, either or friends with young kids.



I'm familiar with bigger dogs (owned a english springer for many years) but the Condo Association will not allow a dog of that size.



So does anyone live with either breed? Any input would be great.Any Mini-Pin or Xolo dog owners out there?
We have 2 mini pins and we love them. My Lily is very very sweet so lovable and loves to cuddle, its as though she is a human :) I got another dog because she was so good and a great expierence. We got Roscoe the other mini pin and he's great a big mommas boy, he cries for me if I'm not around. I love the 2 and If I can get another one I would but we are in an apartment and thats just being selfish. I would def recomend mini pins, they are great and alot of fun. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment