Saturday, February 18, 2012

What is the best state in the Southwest to move to if looking for just a minimum wage job to survive off of?

My parents are moving to Maine and I'm not in the picture. It will be pretty difficult to survive in Boston due to high taxes, high rent, not many jobs and I hate the weather here anyways.



I always loved the Southwest, especially the desert and the people are friendlier than up here in Mass.



I am 28 year old guy and have about 5 thousand saved. My plan is to sell whatever I have and buy a car and leave with just my clothes, find a cheap studio or apartment and then quickly try to find a minimum wage job.



Is this realistic? If yes where would be a good place to go? I'm considering West Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Nevada and MAYBE California though I doubt I will have any luck there.What is the best state in the Southwest to move to if looking for just a minimum wage job to survive off of?
The economy is bad everywhere so I'd hate to see you move without a job. Even a minimum wage job is difficult to find right now with all the illegals.

It's a buyers market in Arizona for housing but it doesn't sound like you can afford to buy a home. You'll most likely have to find a roommate to even be able to rent on a minimum wage income. I wish you could somehow go back to school and get a degree from a college to make your future brighter - it's never too lateWhat is the best state in the Southwest to move to if looking for just a minimum wage job to survive off of?
Arizona is out, the housing market is so bad they think it will be another few years before the economy even begins to recover.

I live in NM, love it, and think it is pretty cheap to live here, esp Las Cruces or Albuquerque cause there is lots of cheap housing near the universities, and lots of minimum wage jobsWhat is the best state in the Southwest to move to if looking for just a minimum wage job to survive off of?
Currently Texas seems to be where the jobs are. Definitely eliminate any where in California. It is one of the most expensive states to live in, and it has the second highest unemployment rate in the country.
Try somewhere in Maricopa County, Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment