Saturday, February 18, 2012

How to be prepared for Warped Tour?

Hi, so I'm fifteen and this is my first year at warped. I'm going tomorrow in Carson and I'm trying to figure out what to bring/what to wear. I know I have to bring lots or sunscreen and water. How much money should I bring? And also, I checked the weather and it's going to be high 70s/low 70s. So, I can't decide if I should wear shorts or skinny jeans. What do you think? Should I bring a jacket in case it gets colder at night? Oh and I'm going to wear my converse. And I once went to a sing it loud concert, and I got so starstruck when I saw them and I couldn't think of anything to say to them. I was so mad at myself later because I didn't have any stories to tell my friends about what happened when I met them, you know? This year it's possible that I might meet all time low, we the kings, and the maine. Those are all my favorite bands and I'm so scared that I won't know what to say again. Any suggestions on how to talk to them? I know, they're just people and stuff, but any good conversation starters?



Anyways, that's pretty much it. Any other advice you can give me?How to be prepared for Warped Tour?
I would bring a small drawstring bag because they won't fall off like tote bags and people behind you can't open the top like backpacks.



Bring:

-water bottle! They might make you discard it at the front, but just bring one in case they let you.

-Money. I'd say $20 for water and food (it's expensive) and however much more you want for merch.

-Sunscreen. You'll need to reapply that stuff because you'll sweat it off! Believe me, a sunglasses tan on your nose is no fun. :(

-Cell phone if you need to contact people

-Camera if you want to take pictures/videos

-Sunglasses are helpful if you don't want to be squinting all the time.



Some of this stuff is pretty optional, decide what you want and don't want to bring.



You should aim to get there an hour before the time printed on your ticket. This year, mines said 11:00AM and two bands I wanted to see ended up playing at 10:40 AM. :/ Make time for traffic on the road too.



There's no way to know the sets in advance, but DEFINITELY as soon as you get there, buy a map with the set list and stage locations for $2. Much more convenient than having to memorize the giant inflatable wall with the sets on it.



Other stuff: Check out the bands' tents early if you want to go to their signings. I always miss them because I check too late. :P And if you want to be up close for a band, go to the stage before their set time so you can move up when people leave after the previous set.



Have fun!!!How to be prepared for Warped Tour?
You seem pretty much set. Sunscreen and water are the most important. If you can handle the heat through the day, wear jeans. No need for the jacket unless you get cold easily, you're pretty packed together for most of the day, even between sets. I took 70 and came home with 14 left, but it depends on what you want to buy. The bands you said you want to meet are all really cool guys, I told Hunter from we the kings that his set was the best i'd seen that day, he looked genuinely surprised and gave me the biggest hug i've ever had. Randomosities are always a really good way to start a conversation, You have to remember that those bands are there for the whole summer and things can get pretty monotonous. But don't be star struck, if you can get over that then it's just like having a conversation with a really perverted friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment