Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Why is California having such a bad time, how can it be?

I don't understand why things are so, so bad in a place than can be easily the best area in the entire US if we talk about geography and climate. I've never been to the state, but most people I know talk very good things about California (in terms of variety of things to do, geography, beaches, climate, etc.) I have been in all eastern states from Florida to Maine and visited a few other states like Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana and Illinois.



None of these states have what can be found in my home island, Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico offers mountains just ahead of the ocean in a warm weather. Something that can't be found ANYWHERE in the East Coast. But I have also looked into videos of highways and cities in California, and that state HAS IT ALL!!!



I recently saw a video of CA State Route 1, along the coastline of the Pacific. The views are spectacular. I also saw some videos on highways in both the Bay and LA Areas, and though I was not very impressed of the city of LA I was impressed by its surroundings. The Bay Area seems to be very different from any other city. In fact, here in the East Coast the only city that I can say is unique is Pittsburgh, being a big city surrounded by mountains. SF and the surrounding areas seem quite different from any other city and some people actually agree with that.



I saw a video of Sacramento and it does not seem different from the Eastern cities, due to being in a flat area. But seeing the video going away towards the S. Nevada I simply asked myself- how can this state be so economically bad... like how, how?



Here I can see California plates ALL THE TIME. In Virginia, where I lived, and here in Florida, cars with the CA plates are just abundant. I don't know why most opportunities are found in gloomy areas that are bombarded by blizzards, tornadoes and generally bad and depressing weather. NY? I mean... I don't like New York. It's just overrated, and some areas are just plain dirty! New Yorkers are very rushed up people, why would I want to be in a place where all people seem to fight for a space? Philadelphia? Are you kidding me?



I went to Chicago and I found it nice but it's cold and flat! What kind of nice scenario you can get in Chicago other than the one you see from the Deck in top of the Willis Tower? Here in Florida I like Tampa a lot, and it is, for now, my favorite area in the East Coast. Clean, generally warm, lots of things to do but without the rush and hectics of other cities like Miami. Atlanta... nice city too, but I found it small and in the middle of nowhere, no beach near, just the Chattahochee River. Washington DC, too bureaucratic. Like... is a nice area too, but people are always dressed like they are going to a elitist opera play. And I absolutely don't like anywhere north of Florida in the winter. You already know how terrible winters can be in the entire east coast, except Florida.



But the west... it seems... like... I can't wait to visit there. The diverse landscapes, the moderate climate, deserts, snow and beach all within a two-hour distance. I mean I saw a video of CA near Reno NV and Lake Tahoe, it's not so far from the Bay Area and you can see snow, and enjoy a day in the lake, while you can enjoy the desert just few hundred miles in the south, and the Mediterranean weather in the west, and a good number of mountains in the Cascade Range north.



California has it all. All. Well... maybe not the tropics, but it's still much better than freaking blizzards. Earthquakes... well being from Puerto Rico it is nothing new for me. Why then is the economy in the state so bad... why doesn't the local government think of something intelligent like lowering the price of housing (not to the point of being ridiculously cheap as like being in a very bad suburb) but come on, reasonable prices. That's going to boost the economy because more people would move there and there is going to be more demand, and therefore more jobs. CA is big, it is not going to have like 100 million people anywhere soon. I just can't understand the bad shape such a beautiful state is right now. I may understand cold places people don't want to be all the time, but come on... the western states should have even more people than the east. The east is flat, only the Appalachians and some good beaches in GA and FL, everything else is boring and the same. A lot of Californians dream of going back and here I am looking hard for a couple of years to find some decent job there because I am just tired of the East Coast. Similar to Puerto Rico, which is undoubtedly beautiful and geographically better than anywhere in the east coast, but the economy is bad, bad, even worse than CA. It's like people want to live in boring places and not enjoy life in a place they may like!Why is California having such a bad time, how can it be?
The democrat run government thinks it can spend its way out of debt. It raises taxes on people and companies (which is why many companies are leaving the state) to pay for a larger government. It is the same thing our federal government is trying now too and it simply doesn't work. Here in Texas we have no state tax and our cost of living is low too. And companies and people are moving here in droves! Even movie studios are filming in Texas and Louisiana more and more to avoid paying the high fees that California is requiring.Why is California having such a bad time, how can it be?
You are seeing very clearly the inevitable results of liberal "utopian" political policies carried out in full.Why is California having such a bad time, how can it be?
Because of women.
Atlas has it right. When a bunch of self centered idiots gather in one place, well, there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment