Saturday, February 18, 2012

Traveling from Los Angeles to Halifax in July - what should I do there?

How far is Toronto, Montreal, Niagra Falls and Maine from Halifax if I was to rent a car? How is the dollar doing in Canada? I want to eat good French Food while I'm there - what do you recommend? What's the weather and temperature like in July in Halifax? I'll take any suggestions you may offer as to what to do, what to see, what to eat. Also I have seen Anne of Green Gables - can I see any of those sites from that series - they were so beautiful - thanking you all in advance!!!Traveling from Los Angeles to Halifax in July - what should I do there?
Halifax in July. You picked a beautiful time of year to visit. Toronto is at least a 20 hour drive, Niagara Falls 23 hours, Montreal 13-14. Temps in area of Halifax in July range from the 60's to 100F, generally, the closer the water the cooler. Prince Edward Island(Green gables) is a 2 1/2 -3 hour drive. If I knew how long you were planning on staying I could better figure out what you have time to see. Many beautiful, historic sites in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, P.E.I. as well as Montreal, Quebec City and even southern Ontario. As far as good french food, Montreal and or Quebec City of course but New Brunswick has a large french population and in July, Lobster festivals are everywhere, great one in Shediac, New Brunswick in early July, Tourism new brunswick would have the exact dates for you. All the provinces have tourism sites with lots to see and do. As a long haul trucker, I could give you hundreds of ideas on places to see if you'd like as well as give you driving times between most places and things to see along the way. PEI is almost a must, Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia is alot like the Pacific Coast highway from San Fran -LA. Winding road along the coast, another must see. Feel free to e-mail me from my profile and i'll help you plan if you like or at least offer a few suggestions. How long you plan on staying will dictate what you will be able to see. Enjoy your stay.

P.S.

U.S. dollar is around par with the Canadian dollar, within a few cents and all places accept US currency although because 50's and 100's are forged easier, some places don't accept them and you'll have to exchange at a bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment